phone: +385 1 2345 678
e-mail: mattadrisson@yahoo.com

Why Im Thankful For You

Why Im Thankful For You
When I began typing words into cyberspace, I wanted people to read what I wrote, but I didn't truly believe that anyone beyond my mother and a few close friends would ever do so. And, I assumed, those few people would read what I posted because they felt obligated.

Typing those first few posts felt a lot like being in the middle of telling a story and then realizing that everyone around you is either texting or having a side conversation.

I suppose we've all had such moments.

Now, more than five years later, more than 100,000 of you check in each month, and thousands of you read everything I post. Many respond by email or by commenting. I'm no longer muttering to myself. I'm having a conversation.

That conversation has taught me so much. I've been wrong about a lot of things over the years. Without you all, I'd still be blissfully ignorant of my flawed thinking. That would be my loss. Blogging has also served as a continuous experiment, teaching me which jokes are really funny and which ones just aren't, which sentences leave an impact and which ones will just confuse people, which stories will resonate and which ones will force you to go read someone else's website.

You've made me a better writer.

You've also made me a better wife. I only offer advice that I've tried myself. By constantly writing and researching about the secrets of a happy marriage, my marriage has continually improved.

And you've made me a better journalist. This site has opened up so many unexpected opportunities, ranging from contract writing gigs to national television appearances to free baskets stuffed with sex toys.

You've been there for me during hard times. When my dog died, you all were there. When I was losing my mind because my kid wouldn't go to sleep at night, your comments got me through.

You've stuck with me through slow times, too, even giving me ideas and serving as my muse.

So thank you. Without you, I'd be talking to myself, yelling at my husband, and probably losing my mind. There are days when I don't know why you all continue to read, but I never forget this: This site wouldn't exist if it weren't for you.

"DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH YOURSELF? WISH THIS POST WAS LONGER? THEN CONSIDER CHECKING OUT THE FOLLOWING:"

* My recent appearance on Good Morning America, during which they refer to me as a "mommy blogger" and hint that I must be having an affair.

* My (hopefully) humorous take on the connection between texting and a great marriage

* Why easy relationships require hard work


* A post that I thought for sure was destined to go viral, but instead starved to death from inattention. Maybe it's the most useless post I've ever written? You be the judge.

* 10 meditations for a happy relationship.

" WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?"

Learn more about Alisa's book, the story of how she went from wishing her husband dead to falling back in love. To find out how the book has changed lives click here.

Want to discuss Project: Happily Ever After at book club or your church group? Click here for an entertaining guide.
Go to ProjectHappilyEverAfter.com for more marriage advice or to converse with other recovering divorce daydreamers.

Related posts:


* How to Care for a Spouse With Cancer

* 19 Things Meditation Has Taught Me About Marriage

* Overcome the Conversation Starved Marriage


0 comments: